COVID-19 Office Protocol
Our hope is to make you feel like our office is the safest place you could be. There will normally be only one other patient in our office during your appointment time. In order to accomplish this, we have created a very specific appointment day protocol for our patients to follow.
First, if you feel sick or have a sick family member at home, please stay at home.
We ask that you arrive to our office slightly earlier than your appointed time. We know that parking for our building can be quite challenging at times.
When you arrive:
1. Call us from your car (310-546-2595) after you have parked to notify us that you have arrived. We will have you use your car as the waiting room. Sala or Liliana will answer your call and will update your personal contact information, insurance information, update your medical history and ask you a series of patient screening questions like the ones you were probably asked at an earlier time. They will confirm with you that your treatment room is ready and ask you to walk into the building.
2. Please remember to wear your face covering when walking into the building. We ask that you keep it on until we have seated you in your treatment room.
3. One of our staff will greet you in the hall at the door to our suite where you will have your temperature and oxygen saturation taken. This should take no more than a minute. You will be escorted into our office and we will immediately ask you to use the hand sanitizer to thoroughly disinfect your hands for 20 seconds.
4. You will then be escorted to your reserved treatment room. At that point, we will ask you to remove your face covering. You will be given a rinse to vigorously rinse your mouth for one minute before beginning your appointment.
5. When your treatment has been completed, before exiting your treatment room, we ask that you place your face covering back on and disinfect your hands the same say you did on entering the office when you get to the front desk.
6. Your next appointment and any other business will be taken care of there before you leave.
7. We ask that you keep your face covering on until you exit the building.
8. If someone is accompanying you to your appointment (parent, guardian, caregiver), we ask that they follow the same protocol as you. They will be asked the same screening questions and have their temperature and oxygen saturation taken. We also ask that after handing you off to our care outside our suite door, that they return to their car and wait for you there. We will call them when you are done with your appointment and we will hand you off to them outside our suite. If you or anyone in your family are uncomfortable with this, please let us know when scheduling or confirming your appointment so that we can make special accommodations for you.
9. You may wish to bring your own protective eyewear to use if you do not want to use the ones we have available at our office.
Please contact us if you have any questions and thank you for your cooperation.
Dr. Yamada and Team